This is a periodic roundup of kiddo gift ideas and reading/clothing recommendations, based solely on the whims of my 4-year-old girl.
Everything is very girly around here. We have princess dresses, costume jewelry, tiny handbags, fake nail polish. We have ponies and unicorns and fairies. We have pink. So much pink.
The one girly thing Alexa doesn’t have down is the pronoun. All girls are “he” and all boys are “she.” Hey, she’s consistent.
These are some of the items she loves, and I’m sure other girls her age would love, too:
- Books on our current bedtime rotation: Chopsticks, Cinderella, Uni the Unicorn. We are currently on a 5-day Uni streak.
- She knows all the My Little Pony characters by name. I was thoroughly confused when she started watching Equestria Girls — what, with sparkly-eyed ponies turning into teen girls and back and what?! But she’s obsessed, and she plays with her My Little Pony dolls all the time.
- For dress-up time: Elsa gowns and water-based nail polish are a must. (She loves to paint my nails, too.)
- A big, challenging puzzle really grabs her, especially if it has her favorite characters on it, like this Disney Fairies puzzle.
- She has to wear utilitarian sneakers to school, but on the weekend it’s pretty shoes all the way. Especially ones from Joyfolie.
- Hawaiian dress or cute pink dress? As long as it’s a dress, Alexa’s happy. If she MUST wear pants, it has to be something stretchy and fun, like striped leggings. We’re big fans of Tea Collection for both style and function.
- Impromptu sing-alongs and dance parties are easy with Disney Jr. songs from her fave shows (including Sofia the First, Miles From Tomorrowland, Jake and the Neverland Pirates).
This post contains affiliate links. You get awesome stuff, I get a small commission. Enough to offset my iced coffee habit but not enough to live in Malibu. Thanks for supporting Little Gold Pixel!