This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn some money if you click on one. I only link to things I know, use, love or want to buy for myself. Thank you for supporting Little Gold Pixel!
Welcome to this month’s Feminist Friday, where I round up some of the best thought-provoking links, and we can discuss what’s going on in the zeitgeist. Our motto here: Feminism is for everyone.
Do you ever come across a thread on Twitter that you end up reading until you forgot what you were even reading about to begin with?
That’s how I felt when I started on this thread, calling out a magazine cover for including five white actress and one black actress.
The topic is harassment in Hollywood; the issue is lack of inclusion of WOC.
You can read opinion after opinion as you scroll through, but the question I want to pose is:
Do threads like this empower feminists or pit them against one another?
Feminist News Link Roundup
All the links that are worth clicking on this week. Some are serious, some are satire. All are food for thought.
- The woman supercomputer designer who inspired Steve Jobs.
- A 13-year-old girl is not “all grown up.”
- What would you tell your 28-year-old self?
- Do we have a rape accusation double standard?
- How female artists are killing it on Instagram.
- Brave enough to be angry.
- Fastest growing group of home buyers: Single women.
- The witch hunt is coming for you, Woody Allen.
- Why do women get all attractive if they don’t want to be harassed? Glad you asked
- What happened when I replaced “sorry” with “thank you.”
- Anita Hill’s take on current sexual harassment accusations.
- I love this “mother of misfits” illustration.
- Books written by women that I’ve added to my TBR list this week: Something in Between, Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk, Instructions for a Heatwave